Har Gobind Khorana
Har Gobind Khorana was Indian born American biochemist.
Born: 9 January 1922, Raipur, India.
Fields: Molecular biology.
- In 1968: When was faculty at University of Wisconsin–Madison. He got the Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine, for his research that showed the order of nucleotides in nucleic acids, which carries genetic code of the cell and control the cell's synthesis of proteins. Which Prize shared with Marshall Warren Nirenberg and Robert William Holley.
- In 1974: Willard Gibbs Award
- In 1978: Louisa Gross Horwitz Prize ForMemRS.
- In 1980: Gairdner Foundation International Award.
- Albert Lasker Award for Basic Medical Research
- Padma Vibhushan
Died: 9 November 2011, Concord, MA, USA